1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 15, 2007 2:45 PM by Newsgroup_User

web photo gallery, an algorithm?

kaziorvb
      hi, im makin a site and i want a photo gallery to be on it. but id like to have an intelligent solution.

so i thought about an algorithm, id select a folder (in code ofc) and it would automatically make a list of images being in it (not only once, but every time it is being run - dynamic). then makin a scrollbox with thumbnails (just resized originals - no separate images and thumbnails) and when i click on one it shows it in a frame next to the scrollbox. the images wouldnt have any separate descriptions.

well, anyway id be happy even from a simpler solution: a page with all the images in thumbnails, but listed automatically, depending on the source folder contents, then when i click at one it just opens it in a blank new window.

could anyone show me how to do it :P? (ima newb in html ;s)

kaziorvb
        • 1. Re: web photo gallery, an algorithm?
          Level 7
          Go here

www.projectseven.com

Image Gallery Magic and Slide Show Magic will do what you want. They're not
          free but they are VERY good and professional looking.

Best Regards

Hywel Harris

"kaziorvb" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f7a0ll$jnu$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          hi, im makin a site and i want a photo gallery to be on it. but id like to
          have
          an intelligent solution.

so i thought about an algorithm, id select a folder (in code ofc) and it
          would
          automatically make a list of images being in it (not only once, but every
          time
          it is being run - dynamic). then makin a scrollbox with thumbnails (just
          resized originals - no separate images and thumbnails) and when i click on
          one
          it shows it in a frame next to the scrollbox. the images wouldnt have any
          separate descriptions.

well, anyway id be happy even from a simpler solution: a page with all the
          images in thumbnails, but listed automatically, depending on the source
          folder
          contents, then when i click at one it just opens it in a blank new window.

could anyone show me how to do it :P? (ima newb in html ;s)

kaziorvb