0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2012 3:47 PM by Stuper Fox

CS5 Pen Tool Issues

Stuper Fox

I use the pen tool more then almost any other tool as all images need to have a clipping path. But sometimes I get the issues where the pen tool gets stuck in "Add to Path Area (+)" instead of the normal "Exclude overlapping path area". It will get stuck randomly and will not let me change it in the tool. If I go to the path selection tool it lets me change it there but the pen tool still remains stuck. It is kind of annoying to have half the path be what I want and the other half be added so when I remove the background all the holes in the center that I have are still filled. If I change to the ellipse tool it will go back to exclude(where it defaults on that tool) and work for a while then go back again on another image. Thing is that it always goes to the "Add to path area(+)" It is really beginning to get to me fast. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? I am using it on Snow Lepoard 10.6.8 with the last version of photoshop(though it has been doing this since I got this mac 2 years ago). Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06ghz, 16gb ram and NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256mb GPU. Nothing too special but it does not happen on my PC, only mac and it is really irritating.

Nick