1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 1:56 PM by Harm Millaard

Computer question please help

Hello I am in the market for a computer I want it be able to run Adobe Suite effortlessly I will be doing alot of video editing so I need either a laptop or a desktop as soon as possible and I hope the people in this forum can help me

I pefer to buy a laptop becuase it is easier to travel with but I am thinking a desktop is easier to upgrade with over time.

I am not tech savvy so I am assuming a laptop is more difficult to upgrade parts on

my questions are as follows

1. Would you pefer a desktop or a laptop and why one over the other?

2. If you have a desktop how do you travel with it?

3. I am looking at at the newest Macbook Pro

the specs are what I copied from the site

Would this be enough or I need something more powerful?

2.9GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.6Hz

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB

512GB Solid State Drive

SuperDrive 8X (DVD/CD-RW)

I have read the other threads on here of people asking for reccomendations on what computers to buy and the replies would be what Adobe's minimunm specs are

Knowing what the minimum specs are is foriegn language to me as I said I am not tech savvy

Budget is not an issue as I want to buy something that will last me many years so I ask you to please reccomend me specific laptop models and computer models that will work very good for all of Adobe's products

Thank You for your time

• 1. Re: Computer question please help
          Harm Millaard Level 7

1. Desktop always. At least 3 times faster than a laptop, more expansion capabilities and a laptop still needs a wall outlet to operate.

2. I don't.

3. Better have a look at the new Dell Precision M6700 with up to 4 drives, 32 GB memory and i7 Ivy Bridge CPU, combined with the new Kepler K4000 or K5000 cards and Gorilla glass screen. Prices have not yet been announced, but it looks like a great laptop if luggability is something you like.

Before deciding which way to go, can you tell us what kind of material you will be using? It has a huge impact on what is feasible. Look here: Adobe Forums: System requirements for CS5

Also have a look at the FAQ section and the Featured discussion at the top of the page. There might be some interesting articles there.