2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 12:18 PM by dln385

FindChangeByList.jsx - help with text file list of commands

drewford499 Level 1

I have been working on a scrip using the FindChangeByList.jsx script. I'm having issues coding the text file that the script calls in.

I have a feeling this is a simple fix that someone with any aptitude for coding would easily figure out quickly. This is obviously not my forte.

I'm using the format below to set up my search/replace commands within the text file. The one below is what I figured out for replacing " x " to "x" (hence, taking out the spaces before and after the "x")

text{findWhat:" x "}{changeTo:"x"}{includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:false}Find all space-x-space and replace with an x.

I can't figure out these:

1) Find Double Quotation marks and convert them to Inch marks.

What I have:

text     {findWhat:"\"'}     {changeTo:"-- I don't know what should go here I've tried ^_" } (after this is the include Footnotes:true etc, etc part that I don't tweak at all since it doesn't apply)

2) Italicize any instance of the word "Signature"

text     {findWhat:"Signature'}     {appliedCharacterStyle:"Italic"} - this throws up an error message??

3) Change the style of the cents amount of a price to the SuperScript character style I've defined. So for a number like 199.99 - the last two 9's become superscripted

text     {findWhat:"^9^9^9.^9^9'}     {changeTo "I don't know what I should do here"} - this throws up an error message??

4a) After changing the cents to superscript - delete the decimal point that separates the dollar amount from the cents amount. (Hence 199.99 becomes 19999 where the last two 9's become superscript).

text     {findWhat:"^9^9^9.^9^9'}     {changeTo "I can't use ^9^9^9^9^9, because it changes the number to "^9^9^9^9^9" ?? "}

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance -

Drew