4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2012 11:43 AM by Rick Gerard

Shape layer render bug?

DannyAskew Level 1

I'm running into what appears to be a frustrating little bug related to the way shape layers are rendered.

Basically, I'm trying to rotate a shape layer that contains a circle shape. I'm using the rotation property of the layer itself (not the shape group) to make parenting work with other layers in my comp. The same bug occurs if I use the shape group transform properties anyway, however.

Am I missing something caused by the render order of shape layers, or is this a true bug? Test it yourself using this project file, you should see the top of the Circle get clipped off at frame 14, then rise back to the bounds of the comp over the next few frames. (Hope Dropbox links are allowed here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovgbke3f7htmx03/ShapeLayerError.aep)

Screen Shot 2012-06-21 at 1.06.31 PM.png

The reason I think this is probably a bug is that it only does this when viewing at Full or Half resolution. Third and Quarter and below display fine. And it's not just a viewer bug, because it renders out that way at full res also.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm running the latest After Effects CS5.5 Version 10.5.0.253 on Mac. I'll also try to test this in CS6 to see if it's still there.