3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2012 9:52 AM by CustodyHelp

checkbox code

CustodyHelp

Hello,

I have been getting the hang of doing basic coding for textboxes, but the checkboxes I am having some trouble with,  If anyone could help me with the following that would be great..

Thanks..

The main thing is automatically checking 1 of 2 checkboxes in #3 below.., based on a couple certain factors..

First question to determine who user is defining a visitation plan for, them or other party..

1. Is Visitation plan for You <checkbox> or  Other Party <checkbox>

Second question is to determine Who they they were or "You" above was, either Petitioner or Respondent.

2. Were you the Petitioner or Respondent?  Petitioner <checkbox> or  Respondent <checkbox>

Next is to check the box that needs to be checked..

3. Visitation plan is for Petitioner <checkbox> or Respondent <checkbox>

Petitioner in #3 would get checked if, You is checked in #1, and Petitioner is checked in #2

Respondent #3 would get checked if, You is checked in #1, and Respondent is checked in #2

or

Petitioner in #3 would get checked if, Other Party is checked in #1, and Respondent is checked in #2

Respondent in #3 would get checked if, Other Party is checked in #1, and Petitioner is checked in #2

• 1. Re: checkbox code
          CustodyHelp Level 1

Hello, isn't there a way with javascript to, upon mouse up, check to see if another box is checked or not, and based on the result, to check a different checkbox from within that checkbox?

Thanks

• 2. Re: checkbox code
            gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

And if box 1 or 2 is not checked what do you want to occur?

Yes you can but you need similar code to run for the first 2 check boxes' values but until the cursor leaves the field you need to use the 'event.value'. Unchecked boxes have a a value of "Off".

I would use 3 exclusionary groups for the 3 check boxes, it just makes coding easier.

• 3. Re: checkbox code
              CustodyHelp Level 1

Hello GKaiseril,

Thanks for the assistance, I didn't think about that, but the whole operation would happen only if one of the boxes in #1 is checked, if not.. then nothing would apply