3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2012 10:40 AM by the_wine_snob

Applying transitions to timelapses

ErikTurner Level 1

I'm assembling some timelapses from still images which have a duration of 5 frames. I'd like to fade to black at the end of the timelapse, but haven't been able to figure out how to make a transition that layers on top of multiple images. Perhaps there is a way to (excuse the photoshop-esque language) "merge all layers (aka images)" into one video segment, and then apply a transition to that? Or apply some transition that is not actually attached to a specific clip and place it on a track above the timelapse, so it would force it to fade to black? Anyone have experience with this type of thing??

thanks!

Erik

• 1. Re: Applying transitions to timelapses
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Erik,

If I am reading your needs correctly, I would extend the Duration of that last Still Image (click+drag on its Tail, and then add a Dip-to-Black Transition. Note: you can alter the Duration of Transitions in Edit>Preferences>General>Video Transitions (for your case - but you can also change the Duration for Audio Transitions too).

If you need a bit longer "black," then go to the New Icon in the Project Panel, and from the drop-down, choose Black Video. This will be created at the Duration for Still Images, that you have set in Edit>Preferences, but again, you can click+drag on its Tail, to change that Duration.

Is that helpful, or did I completely miss what you are trying to do?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Applying transitions to timelapses
            ErikTurner Level 1

Perfect! the new black video with a film dissolve is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

Erik

• 3. Re: Applying transitions to timelapses
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Erik,

Great. I was afraid that I was missing something very important. Glad that I guessed correctly.

Good luck, and happy editing,

Hunt