0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2012 3:07 PM by dingiso

Opera and Flash Player

dingiso

I am using Opera v 12 build 1467 as my browser  and my OS is windows XP SP3. I have been trying to watch content from BBCi player and a message appears telling me to update my Adobe Flash Player. I have followed the instructions on the Adobe website but still get the same message. I have verified (via the control panel) that the laterst version is installed ( 11.3.300.262) but still get the same message.  If I go to the adobe flash player help page there is no image in the box and no matter how many times I've tried to uninstall and then reinstall the flash paler the results are still the same. I have also checked Opera Plugins to see if it disabled but there is no entry for the flash player although shockwave & acrobat are there.

It appears to work fine in Firefox ( v. 13.0.1).

Is there something else I need to do or does the flash player simply not work in Opera?

I wouild really like to continue using Opera as it works well with few clitches.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated but please keep it as simple as possible as I am not very good with code or registry editing.

Many thanks,

Dingiso