5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2013 10:22 PM by Ashutosh.Nigam RSS

Camera Raw

community help Community Member
        • 1. Re:  Camera Raw
          Bennito42 Community Member

I have read reports that RAW files produced in Canon 5D cannot be downloaded using Lightroom 4. Is that correct ?

Why do I have to again upgrade Lightroom 3.6 to LR4 just so I can download files from  a Canon G1X...why can't I just obtain the appropriate file  for a nominal charge.

Why is this site so confusing ?

Wht can't I contact a Technical person in Australia rather than being transferred overseas somewhere where they are difficult to understand ?

• 2. Re:  Camera Raw
            Curt Y Community Member

If you have ACR 6.7 or above you can view Cannon G1X raw.  The Canon 5D Mark III also needs 6.7 or above. (CS5 has ACR 6.x and CS6 has ACR 7.x).

If you have modern cameras and older software that can not be updated to these versions you can always convert to DNG.

If you have other Lightroom questions try the Lighroom Forum at http://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom

• 3. Re:  Camera Raw
              gedash99 Community Member

I have downloaded Camera raw 8.2, and I'm looking for the instalation instructions, Adobe web page said to follow on screen

instructions and I have seen no on screen instructions.

Adobe Application Manger

Update failed

updates could not be applied

This patch is not applicable for you. Please check for updates from help manu in your product, CS5, to see a list of

latest updates available..

If the problem persists, contact customer support for further assistance.

• 4. Re:  Camera Raw
                Curt Y Community Member

To use ACR 8.x you need either CS6 or CC.

• 5. Re:  Camera Raw
                  Ashutosh.Nigam Adobe Employee

Please share your Ps version if CS5 then 8.x series is not applicable for you, If you are having CS6 then you can download 8.2 from:

For CS6:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/cameraraw8-2/

Unzip the download and install tha update, it should work.

Regards,

Ashutosh