2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 9:36 PM by celiavera RSS

Flash player settings manager doesn't show up in control panel

celiavera

I am having trouble playing some videos that require the last version of flash player.

If I go to CONTROL Panel and then click in programs, I see that I have the last version 11.3.300.257 for my operating system.

I want to manage some settings but There is no Flash Player Settings Manager in my Windows Control Panel.

Please help.

• 1. Re: Flash player settings manager doesn't show up in control panel
          Ortho_Fan Community Member

If you're using windows 7, it might be listed under "system security."  For whatever reason, that's where I found it. 

Otherwise, you can access it by right clicking on any object with flash content such as a youtube video.  You'll see a drop-down menu.  Scroll down and click on "Global Settings..." You should now see the "Flash Player Settings Manager" screen--the same  one that's in the Control Panel. 

HTH,

OF

• 2. Re: Flash player settings manager doesn't show up in control panel
            celiavera

Thanks for your help. It appeared under system security. I have done all

the settings that adobe website suggested when there is a problem watching

a video. I still get the same error message: "server not found:"rtmpt://

flash.delmar.cengage.com:80/DLvideo/.

I have contacted the support team of the website (cengage.com) and they

said it is an issue with my flash installed on my computer. I don't know

what else to do. Please help.