2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2012 9:06 AM by the_wine_snob

How to rebuild extracted audio files

MarkRobo

Just started working with PP again after 8 long years away and I've run in to a problem with my first project.

I imported a load of wav files from my Zoom H4N and PP-CS6 automagically did its thing and replaced them all with these *Wonderful* Audio Extracted Mov files which was unexpected but didn't seem to affect the edit I was working on.

Until now that is!

I seem to have deleted all of the "Extarcted Audio Files" and now the sound wont play.

http://www.digitalcreative.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/JCSHot.jpg

I know that I can manually swap the clips back to the originals and I'll be back in action but that's gonna take quite a while so I have a few of questions:

1. Is there an  easy way to make premier rebuild the missing Extracted Audio files.
      2. Can I prevent PP from automatically creating these Extracted Audio Files?
      3. And if I can prevent this how do I do it?
        • 1. Re: How to rebuild extracted audio files
          Jim_Simon Level 8

CS6 automagically did its thing and replaced them all with these *Wonderful* Audio Extracted Mov files

PP doesn't do that on it's own.  That happens only after user intervention, such as sending the project to Audition, or if you initiate a Render and Replace.

If those Extracted files have been deleted from the hard drive, you'll have to go back to the originals manually.

• 2. Re: How to rebuild extracted audio files
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Mark,

Are you referring to the CFA (Conformed Audio) files, that go to Media Cache in the Scratch Disks, along with the PEK (Waveform Display) files?

If so, when you Open your Project, if the CFA and PEK files are gone, PrPro should regenerate those automatically.

This ARTICLE goes into more detail on Conforming Audio files.

If you mean something else, can you tell us more about those "missing" Audio files, please?

Good luck,

Hunt