7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 2:35 AM by klingon64

Day 2, Exercise 4 Error

tjnelso

I am getting an error on exercise 2.4 when trying to run the application with the network monitor enabled. Copied directly it reads: 

[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: http://localhost:37813/f45iaw100/remoteData/employees.xml?hostport=adobetes.com&https=N&id =2B71627D-08C3-E7C9-5B8B-298A8C2E5787"]. URL: http://adobetes.com/f45iaw100/remoteData/employees.xml"] 

at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()[E:\dev\4.y\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:345] 

at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()[E:\dev\4.y\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:68] 

at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()[E:\dev\4.y\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest.a s:113] 

at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler()[E:\dev\4.y\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\messa ging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:410] 

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction() 

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent() 

at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete() 

As far as specific details on the steps I have taken, they are identical to the instructions on the exercise page. I am using the trial version of the Flash Builder 4.6 premium package. I deleted all the files from my 'Day2' workspace and re-imported them to try again from scratch and got the exact same error each time.

• 1. Re: Day 2, Exercise 4 Error
          Flex in a Week, FiaW

Hi tjnelso,

Can you provide a copy of your code?  We just tested again and are not getting an error.  A copy of your code will allow us to help you.

• 2. Re: Day 2, Exercise 4 Error
            tjnelso Level 1

Sure, here is the code. I have also added it as an attachment. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Ted Nelson

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"

xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"

xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

minWidth="955" minHeight="850"

creationComplete="initApp()">

<!-- Exercise 2.04: Populating an ArrayCollection with retrieved data using the result event -->

<!-- Styles ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -->

<fx:Style source="Styles.css"/>

<!-- Script ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ -->

<fx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import mx.controls.Alert;

import mx.events.CalendarLayoutChangeEvent;

import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;

// variable declarations

• 3. Re: Day 2, Exercise 4 Error
              Flex in a Week, FiaW Level 1

Hi Ted,

Can you post the whole code here or send the code file to: fiaw@trilemetry.com?

• 4. Re: Day 2, Exercise 4 Error

Hi Ted,

The code you posted to this forum got cut short & there is no attachment.  If you want help send your complete code file to: fiaw@trilemetry.com

• 5. Re: Day 2, Exercise 4 Error
                  PKenderdine

Did this get resolved. I have the same problem. In fact It seems I cannot access any HTTPService when using the Network Monitor. As soon as I disable the Newtwork Monitor I am able to retrieve data.

This is not restricted to my code. When I run the exercise solution it also has the same problem.

Not sure what has happened as I ran the Network Monitor yesterday on Day 1 exercises and all was well. Today the same day 1 exercises are not working.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Flash Builder 4.6 Premuim. I too am running in trial mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Phil

• 6. Re: Day 2, Exercise 4 Error

Hi all,

The adobetes.com server is down and they estimate it will take anywhere between 24-72 hours when it will be online again.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 7. Re: Day 2, Exercise 4 Error
                      klingon64

SOLVED !!!!

I had the same problem. The error come out when the Network Monitor is active whatever the URL you provide. I've tried even using localhost but the error remain the same.

I solved disabling my firewal (I'm using Comodo Firewall free)

HTH

Ciao

Marco