6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2012 6:34 PM by arjun2

autofit lock?

arjun2 Level 1

Can I permanently lock Auto – fit option for a document? that is it kept activated. I don’t like resizing my images pressing the autofit button again and again.

• 1. Re: autofit lock?
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Tell us more about the workflow and how you make the frames and place the images.

• 2. Re: autofit lock?
            arjun2 Level 1

Well my work comprises mostly of composing presentation sheets with pictures and text boxes. Also I get printouts of photos with rectangular boxes in the bottom having their captions. Not much complicated designing stuff. i just drag and drop the images.

• 3. Re: autofit lock?

Are you working from a template? Have you tried adding placeholder frames and setting them to have the fitting you want?

You really haven't told me anything about how the images are being placed currently, though, or what options you are having to set each time.

• 4. Re: autofit lock?
                arjun2 Level 1

Peter Spier wrote:

Are you working from a template? Have you tried adding placeholder frames and setting them to have the fitting you want?

You really haven't told me anything about how the images are being placed currently, though, or what options you are having to set each time.

im not working from template. never tried adding placeholder frames and setting them to have the fitting you want. what does that mean.? here's a screenshot of the kind of work that i'm doing.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gfw0wt

• 5. Re: autofit lock?

If you were doing a structured document, which you are not, it seems, you could set up a master page or a template page with empty frames (placeholders) where you content would be placed.

I have no idea if the images are being cropped, but I suspect you may be creating your frames, then palcing the images, and finally fitting them to the frames. Since CS4 if you issue a Place command, then drag the frame with the loaded cursor, ID will draw the frame on the fly and scale the image proportionally to the size of the frame in one step.

You really ought to take the advice Bob gave you earlier to get some basic training materials.

• 6. Re: autofit lock?
                    arjun2 Level 1

capture-4.gif

here's how it do resizing and have to fit autolock. i'm not cropping images. i just add the stroke that's it.

Message was edited by: arjun2