1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 3:33 PM by dan_hin

Opening .mp4 files using flvplayback component 2.5 in Air 3.2

dan_hin Level 1

I've publishing the package using the extended desktop profile and captive runtime.

When I run the published .exe file from a hard disk (either on my local machine or other test machines) it works fine, so I know that I have my code at least partially correct.

I'm accessing the .mp4 files from a subdirectory of the applicationDirectory (eg: app:/video), the file names are read in from a .xml file.

Example structure:

exampleVideoSource = File.applicationDirectory.url+"video/12-16/attacking when in balance/counterattacking 2.mp4"

Is this likely to confuse the FLVplayback component, if so what's the best way to get a working path?

Thanks,

Dan

• 1. Re: Opening .mp4 files using flvplayback component 2.5 in Air 3.2
          dan_hin Level 1

Discovered the issue.

For mounted drives you need to use the nativePath property.

For cross platform applications you can simply replace() the delimiter with the .separator property.

Also for some reason the skin wouldn't load, despite the fact that I had chosen it in the component selector.

I ended up setting the myFLVplayback.skin property just before I added the component to the stage.

######

On  a related note, does anyone know if there's a difference between publishing an app with included folders, and simply publishing the app and adding the folders to the .app directory after the .app folder has been published?

Dan