0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 1:49 PM by clousemein

Cannot open file on mounted Webdav volume - OS X

clousemein

Using InDesign (CS6) on OS X Lion, we are unable to open an InDesign document from a mounted Webdav volume. We get an error stating "InDesign may not support the file format..."

Screen Shot 2012-06-28 at 3.31.25 PM.png

We can open the same file using InDesign CS6 on a PC using the same Webdav path.

We can also open the file from OS X Lion using SMB, but we have an external resource that we are providing access through Webdav (they won't have access to local network).

Has anyone experienced this type of behavior? The Webdav server is IIS, and I'm not sure if this is part of the problem. We've already had other issues using Finder to mount the Webdav volume because of known locking file issues with OS X and IIS. We had to use Transmit to mount the webdav server path.

Unfortunately, Adobe support tells me they won't support opening a file from any type of network source... only local files.

I know this is a very unique set of circumstances... but hoping someone can reply with some kind of similar experience and solutions.

- thanks