3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2015 5:55 AM by Arul Dass G

Flex 3 debugger error: java.lang.nullpointerexception

Eudoxus

I just started getting this error with my Flex Builder 3 debugger.      I re-installed the Flash debugger, "clean"ed the project and nothing has eliminated the problem.       Would anyone know the solution to this problem?

I'm on a Windows machine, Windows 7.

Thanks for any feedback!

...John

• 1. Re: Flex 3 debugger error: java.lang.nullpointerexception
          Eudoxus Level 1

I've uninstalled and re-installed Flex Builder.    That didn't help.      I noted that some people reverted to version 10.  So, I tried uninstalling Flash Player debugger 11, and installing version 10.     That didn't work.        So far nothing has worked!     That same error keeps cropping up when I attempt to debug   "java.lang.nullpointerexception".         I'm using IE8 and the activeX version of the player for this.

• 2. Re: Flex 3 debugger error: java.lang.nullpointerexception
            Eudoxus Level 1

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I switched to FireFox as my debug browser, which uses the plugin version of Flash Player 11 debugger, and that works.   Thanks goodness I can rock'n roll on my work.      So, perhaps it's the ActiveX IE Flash Player 11 debugger that is at issue, although I tend to think not, since version 10 didn't work either.

• 3. Re: Flex 3 debugger error: java.lang.nullpointerexception
              Arul Dass G

I am using Windows 7, flash 19, flex Builder 3 version. When I open my application in debug mode, I am able to connect to the debugger. But it is not evaluating the expression. In Eclipse at the debug point it is showing the message as “An internal error occurred during: ‘Evaluating Flex expression’…java.lang.NullPointerException”. The application is working fine with out the debugger.

Please help me to resolve the issue.Flex.png