2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2008 7:42 AM by Newsgroup_User

How do you create a link that can download swf or quick time files off a cdrom

vmansx
      Hello there i am currently creating a cdrom, this cdrom has many animations and videos included on the cd what im trying to achieve is that when a user clicks on a link they can download any swf file or quicktime movie off the disc onto their computer, does anyone know how this could be done all i need is a simple text link that enables the user to download swf or quicktime files to their computer from the cdrom. My knowledge of lingo is basic so if anyone knows how to do this could they make it as simple as possible. Thank you
        • 1. Re: How do you create a link that can download swf or quick time files off a cdrom
          Level 7
          You would use one of various Xtras to off the user a standard Windows or Mac
          dialog asking where the file should be saved. That function will return
          (give you back) a path to that location. Then you use the Xtras copy file
          function to save the file to the hard location the user specified.

You can use BuddyAPI, FileXtra4, etc.

Craig

"vmansx" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fornre$adn$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello there i am currently creating a cdrom, this cdrom has many
          > animations and
          > videos included on the cd what im trying to achieve is that when a user
          > clicks
          > on a link they can download any swf file or quicktime movie off the disc
          > onto
          > their computer, does anyone know how this could be done all i need is a
          > simple
          > text link that enables the user to download swf or quicktime files to
          > their
          > computer from the cdrom. My knowledge of lingo is basic so if anyone knows
          > how
          > to do this could they make it as simple as possible. Thank you
          >

• 2. Re: How do you create a link that can download swf or quick time files off a cdrom
            Level 7
            I realize that you're also looking for examples but my code is littered with
            property and global variables so I'd have to spend some time rewriting it
            for you to easily understand. I think you could find numerous examples on
            Director-Online and other on-line user forums.

Craig

"vmansx" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:fornre$adn$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Hello there i am currently creating a cdrom, this cdrom has many
            > animations and
            > videos included on the cd what im trying to achieve is that when a user
            > clicks
            > on a link they can download any swf file or quicktime movie off the disc
            > onto
            > their computer, does anyone know how this could be done all i need is a
            > simple
            > text link that enables the user to download swf or quicktime files to
            > their
            > computer from the cdrom. My knowledge of lingo is basic so if anyone knows
            > how
            > to do this could they make it as simple as possible. Thank you
            >