1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 6:43 AM by leejk

Problems Stopping Video

leejk Level 1

Hi,

I am using a TabbedViewNavigatorApplication, and when switching tabs I need video to stop playing. I've looked at the spark video player source code and adapted a function from it that assigns event listeners to all the parents. This code works fine on the current view, but if I switch tabs or go back a view, it does not work... the FlexEvent.Hide listeners don't fire. In the debugger I have verified that the below code does indeed assign the listeners all the way up the parent chain, so I am wondering if either the views are not getting destroyed or I am not using the right listeners. Does anyone know?

thx

/**

*  @private

*  Add event listeners for SHOW and HIDE on all the ancestors up the parent chain.

*  Adding weak event listeners just to be safe.

*/

private function addVisibilityListeners():void

{

var current:IVisualElement = this;

while (current)

{

// add visibility listeners to the parent

current.addEventListener(FlexEvent.HIDE, visibilityChangedHandler, false, 0, true);

current.addEventListener(FlexEvent.SHOW, visibilityChangedHandler, false, 0, true);

// add listeners to the design layer too

if (current.designLayer)

{

current.designLayer.addEventListener("layerPropertyChange", designLayer_layerPropertyChangeHandler, false, 0, true);

}

current = current.parent as IVisualElement;

}

}

• 1. Re: Problems Stopping Video
          leejk Level 1

I figured this out. When the views are switched, the old view is removed from the stage, therefore the visibility change handler was never getting fired. Solved this by adding a removed from stage event to the video player code to stop it playing.