4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2008 12:09 AM by SiamJai

How To Resize Animated GIF's All At Once?

Louie55
      I have seen people say you can resize an animated GIF in Fireworks without doing it one frame at a time, but nobody says exactly how. Maybe I'm missing something simple, but is this possibe and if so, how do you do it?

I tried using the forum search but it didn't find any results.

I'm using Fireworks 9.0.1.1213 if that makes a difference.
        • 1. Re: How To Resize Animated GIF's All At Once?
          Level 7
          If you look in the frames window, you will see that each frame has a gray
          box on the left. Click that gray box by the first frame and the last frame
          to turn on onion skinning. You'll know if it worked because there will be
          two little icons, one pointing up and the other pointing down, with a line
          connecting them through all the onion skinned frames.

HTH;

Amy

"Louie55" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fum5i1$s9c$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have seen people say you can resize an animated GIF in Fireworks without
          > doing it one frame at a time, but nobody says exactly how. Maybe I'm
          > missing
          > something simple, but is this possibe and if so, how do you do it?
          >
          > I tried using the forum search but it didn't find any results.
          >
          > I'm using Fireworks 9.0.1.1213 if that makes a difference.
          >

• 2. Re: How To Resize Animated GIF's All At Once?
            abeall Level 3
            If you modify the canvas size via Modify > Canvas > Image Size, all frames will be resized.

To modify individual elements on the canvas across all Frames, use Amy's advice.

But from the sounds of it, you're just trying to resize a GIF. If so, just use Modify > Canvas > Image Size and you should be okay.
            • 3. Re: How To Resize Animated GIF's All At Once?
              Level 7
              If you modify the canvas size via Modify > Canvas > Image Size, all frames will
              be resized.

To modify individual elements on the canvas across all Frames, use Amy's
              advice.

But from the sounds of it, you're just trying to resize a GIF. If so, just use
              Modify > Canvas > Image Size and you should be okay.

• 4. How To Resize Animated GIF's All At Once?
                SiamJai Level 2
                Here is a non-destructive way of resizing animated GIFs:

1. With your animation open, press Ctrl-Shift-X to bring up the Export Preview window;
                2. Click on the File tab and scale your animated GIF using either percentage or pixel values;
                3. Click Export and give the new file a unique name.

This way you get a resized GIF and keep the original animation unchanged, which comes in handy sometimes.

While you are at it, you can also optimize your resized GIF in the Export Preview window if you wish. Just click on the Options tab and experiment. ;-)