2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2012 5:46 AM by MikeBTP

PPro CS6 Crashes on Exit in Windows 7 64bit

MikeBTP

With any PPro project, when I click to exit the program, there's about a 1-2 second delay, the PPro window is dimmed and a few seconds later a dialog pops up stating that "PPro CS6 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Closing this dialog then closes PPro. I've uninstalled Production Premium, cleaned out the registry and re-installed it but it still occurs even with default settings.

Even with a new basic DV-NTSC project with nothing added to it yet, this happens. Open it, wait a few seconds, then close it.

I have the following additional info:

PPro CS6 6.01

Widnows 7 64bit with all updates

nVidia (eVga) GTX-580 with latest drivers

32GB RAM

8GB Pagefile

The Application Error event log shows:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 6.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x4fac933f

Faulting module name: HandlerMetadataEditor.dll, version: 6.0.1.14, time stamp: 0x4fac92b8

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000006748

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\HandlerMetadataEditor.dll

I hope somebody has an idea about what to do because this is very annoying.

Thanks,

Mike