• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Volume Discount on Different Products

Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this might be a bit complex, but I would appreciate if someone can come up with a solution as we are running out of time.

We have a catalogue with a set of products

Let say Product A, Product B and Product C

each product has different sizes, so we created:

Product A - Size 1, Product A - Size 2 and so forth for each product and group them (As we know we're still waiting for the Inventory over Attributes, this way we can still control the inventory).

However, the client is offering a discount when you purchase 3 or more. Now, the Volume discount works fine if you get 3 of the same Product. But the question was can the Volume Discount be applied when they select 3 from any of those products.

Which means, when a customer select Product A, Product B and Product C, then the Volume Discount applies.

I'm not sure if someone has a a quick solution for this, even if it's a JS code or something to get us rolling.

Thanks.

TOPICS
eCommerce

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have items in the cart there is no way to manipulate the price through JavaScript. We have tried manipulating discount codes but only a manual entry is successfully processed.

The only thing I can think of is offering a product that is considered all three as a set with a price and volume discounts reflected too.

Anything in regard to multiple item discoutns based on anything other then a discount code or voucher is something BC has literally no support for at this time.

You will need to get the client to think of a new approach offering a discount code or voucher.

What you can do is use the shipping capture one a product and if the 3 items are added this comes rough the invoice and workflow. This will notify the site owners to send out a discount code or voucher.

Few other ideas on a more automated but never tried them setting values that forms a code which had already been set as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspected that will be complex. It's funny that this particular website requires everything that BC cannot do.

I think it's just another thing I have to convince the client that we're "working on it" and make them forget about Inventory for this particular product and just group them all to get the discount.

This might be acceptable as this product is in high demand and they have a good amount stocked already, and still getting more.

This will have to do until Inventory over Attributes is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had a client needing a Volume Discount from any possible combination of 4 products, and the discount being a free 5th product, also users choice of any of the 4 products. This was totally beyond the BC system but we made a fairly efficient workaround using Product Attributes - see here Buy 6 Get 1 Free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is bringin it back from the dead.. Post is almost 3 years old. Thought I would answer anyway just in case someone comes across this.

I would create one product with multiple attributes that way you can use the built-in volume discount functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for the latest reply but i've tried this and it doesn't work because the attributes feature doesn't treat each attribute as a separate product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines