Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Version 11.3.300.257 for Mac OS not working

Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After repeated attempts to install and use Flash update 11.3.300.257, I'm not having success with it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the player several times, but all my embedded web page Flash movies aren't working now when I view them (and they were working prior to this update). I wonder if there are new import rules in the code for getting Flash movies to work now with the new plugin? Any information would be appreicated.

Edited to add: I can see the Flash movies when I preview them from a local drive, but NOT when I view them live when hosted on a server via the Internet. Thoughts?

Browsers Affected: Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera

Flash Player Version: 11.3.300.257

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition: I have restarted and re-booted multiple times to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating, I've found that many videos on many sites do not play.  All I get is a black box, sometimes with controls, sometimes without.

YouTube is fine.

The most recent example that sent me on my quest for info is:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/tasered-for-not-showing-his-ticket-20120630-219m3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. 🙂

Something is definately awry with the new version. Adobe really needs to fix this problem ASAP. Many of us can't see Flash media any more on-line and that, of course, is no good. This is the first time I've started to think using HTML 5 video import with MP4 and WebM media is a safer way to go for the future, as Adobe seems to keep having trouble with its player technology for browsers. I want a stable platform for media, not one that keeps showing mixed results due to upgrades (resulting from making repeated security patches).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So...any thoughts on this issue? Waiting for a voice in the know to at least tell me Adobe is working on these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines