3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2012 9:31 AM by Peter Spier

Anchored Objects Stuck in Text Frame

michaelabernard

Hello,

I have updated from CS4 to CS6 and am now having a problem with being able to edit anchored objects from a file that I used to work off of in the CS4 version.

I am working on a catalog that has product assessory boxes that are made up of images and text. In CS4, I created the accessory boxes, grouped all the items and pasted it in the text frame that held the text and photos of other products. I used to be able to edit the text or cut and paste the accessory box out of the text frame it was placed into. Now since I have upgraded to CS6 I cannot edit them at all, when I try to select the box with the selction tool or highlight the text with the type tool nothing will happen. The only thing I can do is hightlight the whole box and cut and paste it into another text frame I create, which doesnt help because I still cannot edit them.

In CS6, I have created an accessory box from scratch, and followed the same process as I have before and I can edit and select like I used to do. The problem only seems to come with the accessory boxes I have created in CS4.

This is a pretty large catalog, and will take a lot of time to recreate all the accessory boxes, so any suggestion to help fix the problem will be greatly appriciated.

Thank you!