Thank you, Peter.
Regarding the first point (CSS not being followed), system requirements for this app are IE only, so , no, I did not try any other browser.
Regarding the second point (custom skin not working), I've checked the skin and the buttons have all been enabled and the correct images have been selected. However, I've been doing some more digging and have noticed something odd that I think has something to do wtih this. When I'm generating the WebHelp, on the Navigation tab of the WebHelp Settings dialog box, in the Toolbar Buttons section, I only see Search and Print (those are the only two buttons that are showing up in the output). In the old help, I see Contents, Search, Glossary, and Print in this section. What populates this section? It seems that's where the trouble is.
I don't blame you for asking! This is so baffling. Everything looks like it's set up perfectly, but something is still off. I did rename the skins and CSS. Could that have something to do with this?
How did you rename, was it within Rh?
Try deleting the CPD and reopening the project. I doubt that will work but has to be tried.
Somewhere the new names are not getting picked up. Check again the skin name in Project Manager and the layout. Try creating a new layout, not a duplicate.
Let us know how that goes.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Peter, we must be on the same wavelength!
To answer your questions... yes, I did rename the files within RH. But, I noticed that the project folders for the skins did not get renamed even though the skins within those folders had new names. Also, a few days ago, I tried deleting the CPD and reopening the project. It didn't work (just as you suspected).
Before I left yesterday, I tried deleting the skins and the layouts. Then, I recreated them. That did it. Everything is now working as it should. I don't know why the new names were not getting picked up, because it looked like they were. I'm just glad I have a working project again.
Thanks for all your help!