6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2012 7:31 AM by the_wine_snob

Problems with Premiere Elements

MovieDirectorKatey

1. My biggest problem with Adobe Premiere Elements 10 is it closes out on me all the time. I have a windows 7 computer. When I open it up it will stay up for about a min. then it pops up Adobe premiere elements has stopped working and shuts down on me.

2. The videos are jerky. When I go to play them they won't play smoothly. They are AVI files.

have the inspiration browser updated, I have installed quick time player, the computer is all updated, the videos are rendered. I don't know what is going on with it. It should be working.

• 1. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It sounds as though these AVI files are not from a digital video camcorder.

What model of camcorder are these videos from and what resolution are they?

If they are from a still camera or smart phone that shoots in MP4/AVIs, they're not going to work in that format in Premiere Elements.

If you see a lot of red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline, that's a pretty good indication of problems.

Is that the case in your project?

BTW, please don't start  a new thread if you're continuing to discuss the same performance problems. It makes it very difficult to follow a discussion because we're not sure what  you've already discussed and tried and what the history of your problem is.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements
            MovieDirectorKatey Level 1

It's a camileox100 camcorder. The resolution is 1920 x 1080p and I do have red lines above my videos. I render them but it starts at the beginning and the picture is frozen. so it doesn't help.

• 3. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I would take a look at this ARTICLE, which begins with a checklist of things to insure that PrE and the system are set up properly, to run best. It moves on to some OS and system tune-up tips. The last part is dedicated to troubleshooting, with plenty of links to help you with that task.

Now, the red lines above your Clips indicate that your Project's Preset does NOT match the source footage. That can cause myriad problems, and needs to be addressed by chosing the Project Preset, that matches your Source Footage 100%.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I wanted to address this part separately.

Rendering the Timeline is ONLY for playback. Rendering does NOT help reconcile a mis-match between a Project Preset and Source Footage. For more information on Rendering, see this ARTICLE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Problems with Premiere Elements
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

John T.,

I agree that these two threads are the same, and reflect the same set of problems.

As you have linked to the other thread here, I think that it is safe to Lock this thread, so that all Replies will appear in the other. You have also linked from it, back to this one, so if there is info here, that is helpful to troubleshoot, people can access this one, for that info.

Thank you

[Thread Locked]