Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS package crashes in any non-debug compile mode

Enthusiast ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am looking really for ideas on where to start looking!

This is the situation:

I am migrating a largish flex, web project to mobile. This is the third iteration and I have had the entire thing working at various times in various forms. It loads strings via resource bundle and content via external SWF content.

I have recently reorganised to use a view architecture so that I load in the main app view after a selection workflow - this means that there is much faster startup and better performance in general. It works fine in the following compiles:

1. Compile for Android (all kinds)

2. Compile for iOS debug (fast)

3. Compile for iOS debug (standard)

BUT:

If I compile for iOS ad hoc distribution, I see the following:

1. Initial view loads, resource bundle strings are displaying

2. When I go to main product view:

- SWF fails to complete load process and hangs with no strings from resource bundle visible

- crash occurs prior to addition of navigatorContent buttons that I've defined in the product's base state

In other words, something that works in _all_ other settings and compile options, simply will not progress when packaged for release in iOS.

I am at a bit of a loss. I am aware that iOS can't support bytecode and am working on eliminating that, but I have run it using this with the bytecode simply ignored, which is fine as I don't want it there either. I have also tried substituting for JPEG content, but the issue below still seems to be present. I have also tried eliminating loaded font files - again, these were not working, but the problem was simply ignored when I had the product as the main rather than a sub view.

Does anyone have any idea at all what could be causing this?

Thanks,

G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Got it.

I was using the Swiz framework (which is brilliant, btw) and compiling the Swiz library rather than using the SWC as I needed a change to the underlying, I had omitted one of the metadata tags from the compiler args - for some reason, it recovered when run in any other compile mode, but crashed when run in release mode.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it.

I was using the Swiz framework (which is brilliant, btw) and compiling the Swiz library rather than using the SWC as I needed a change to the underlying, I had omitted one of the metadata tags from the compiler args - for some reason, it recovered when run in any other compile mode, but crashed when run in release mode.

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines