• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS5: can't get padding/offset on image text wrap

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I select a placed photograph amid some text and choose "Wrap around bounding box". I change the offset (or is it called padding? anyway, the space that is suppose to appear between the photo and my text) from the default of 1p0 to something else...2p0, 3p0 it doesn't matter what I choose, the result is the same...the appearance does not change and the text is so close to the photo it is practically touching it. How can I increase that space successfully?

I have tried a new document with different photos and text, same result.

The About box tells me I have InDesign 7.0 or CS5. I'm using a Mac. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you're doing the correct thing. Changing the offset on the Text Wrap panel should change how far the offset is applied, as in the illustrations below:

TextWrap1.jpg

TextWrap2.jpg

If you're doing what I illustrated and it's not working, you should try restoring the InDesign preferences as described in this link:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see the problem. I wasn't using the text wrap window, I was using the 1p0 thing to the right of the text wrap button in the control panel at the top of the screen. Works now, when I use the text wrap window!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AlyMcF1 wrote:

I was using the 1p0 thing to the right of the text wrap button in the control panel at the top of the screen

That's for setting the size of corner options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines