3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2012 11:29 AM by Rick Gerard

Creative Trailer and Hologram (Urgent)

alialjawhari255

Hello I want to ask how can I make A super Creative Trailer like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyBQrWu61Gc with after effects and how can I add Holograms and look like I'm Manipulating it After Effects Plus making the video look like this Quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55PmeNBtSPk

I need this really really bad

• 1. Re: Creative Trailer and Hologram (Urgent)
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, & CS5.5)

Seriously. Read that post, watch tutorials.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Creative Trailer and Hologram (Urgent)
            Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Yeah, sorry, your post is kind of like saying "Urgent!  Make me a pastry chef!"

The clips you've linked to are made by people with extensive experience, gained by starting with the basics, gradually learning their skills and toolset, and then applying their own creativity with the skills they have gained.

Whether a pastry chef or a motion graphics designer, there is no fast track to quality work.  Set aside an hour a day, or a few hours a week, and in a few years you may be capable of great things.

• 3. Re: Creative Trailer and Hologram (Urgent)
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Famine video is easy. Just shoot it perfectly in a studio with a white cyc then apply After Effects Black and White preset and adjust the color to your taste.

If you didn't shoot it perfectly then you need to learn Keying (several hours at least to get it down), color correction, possibly rotoscope and masking techniques. Then simply add a type layer.

To duplicate the second effect is also easy. You need to learn masking (see above) to separate the fingers in the hand into foreground and background elements so you can put a layer containing the energy ball (or hologram) between these elements. You also need to learn about blending modes and particle systems (several hours here just to get the basics down). Then there's creating halo effects (layers and blend modes) and color correcting techniques.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I'm trying to show you the basics. You must learn to look at an effect and try and break it down. You must understand layering. You must understanding masking and blend modes to do any kind of serious compositing work. There simply just isn't a single click or half hour tutorial that will bring you to where you need to be to achieve the results in either example.