3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2014 11:01 AM by wwbb

Upgrade from CS5.5 to CS6 questions

Eddiaz001

Why do I have two versions of photoshop now?  CS5 and CS6?

The upgrade from CS5 to CS6 didn't replace my older version.

How do I move my actions, plugins, etc to the newer version?

Copy and paste of folders caused runtime errors when I tried to run CS6

• 1. Re: Upgrade from CS5.5 to CS6 questions
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The upgrade from CS5 to CS6 didn't replace my older version.

As it should be. Feel free to uninstall CS5.

How do I move my actions, plugins, etc to the newer version?

For actions, brushes, styles etc simply use the flyout menus in the top right corner of the respective palettes. Plug-ins must be properly updated with qualified versions for CS6 as provided by the vendors.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Upgrade from CS5.5 to CS6 questions
            wwbb Level 1

First step to move actions into CS6 is to find the action menu. If it is not in the History palette (topmost button) at left of large palette on right of screen, choose Actions under Window menu.. second step is to click the button at top right corner  of Actions palette. this brings up a menu from which you can choose Load Actions.

PROBLEM: I can't find where my CS4 actions are stored. Does anybody know how to find the files On a Mac?The preset actions that come with Photoshop have an .atn extension, but I can't find the ones I created.

• 3. Re: Upgrade from CS5.5 to CS6 questions
              wwbb Level 1

PROBLEM solved.

The trick is that your actions are not stored anywhere as files. So if you want to move them to a new version of PS ( or to another Computer), you first have to export them as an .atn file. Further, you can't save an individual action. You can only save a set of actions. The Save Actions command is in the same local palette menu as Load Actions.