3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 3:35 AM by nabnub

Buy a new laptop for CS6

nabnub

Hi,

I need some advice please:

I would like to buy a new laptop (PC) which maches the system requirements of the adobe master collection cs6, particullary Ae & Pr

with a budget arround 1000 (£- pounds ) or a little bit more.

what would you suggest please? (if you have any link....)

thanks a lot.

• 1. Re: Buy a new laptop for CS6
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

Frankly, I don't think the capabilities of laptops are up to the task of running Premiere and AE. 

Oh, they can do it, but they can't do it very well.  A laptop would be okay for cutting out on the road,  starting an AE project, etc... but finishing things up for professional delivery?  You'll need something beefier.

That is, of course, assuming you're doing stuff for profesional delivery.  Or HD.  Or working with really big images. 

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Buy a new laptop for CS6
            Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

I agree with Dave, if portability is not essential you'll get much better specs from a desktop system.

But if it must be portable, just shop around for the best specs you can find.   Things to note:

CPU speed is the most important factor.  Get the fastest CPU with the most cores you can afford.

RAM comes next.  You need at least 2GB for every CPU core.  If you get a 4-core CPU, you need a minimum of 8GB of RAM, and 16 would be better.

Make sure it has a discreet NVIDIA GPU if you want to take advantage of PPro and AE's CUDA and raytracing capabilities.

If you aren't planning on using external drives, get the biggest hard drive you can afford, and make sure it's 7200RPM.  Video uses LOTS of hard drive space, and it requires good I/O speed from those drives.  SSDs are great, but your budget probably doesn't allow a big enough one.

• 3. Re: Buy a new laptop for CS6
              nabnub Level 1

thanks a lot