5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2008 10:51 PM by ckpepper02

Displaying Store items in flash

ckpepper02
      Can someone point me in the right direction to display items from a store in flash? Specifically the image, price and product numbers that are stored in a database, retrieved with Cold fusion, and somehow, populated into flash.

I've seen a tut about using PHP to convert to XML and then bring into flash, but I need to do it w/ Cold Fusion which I know very little about.
        • 1. Re: Displaying Store items in flash
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          it's the same on the flash end: you can use the LoadVars() class to call and retrieve data from cf.
          • 2. Re: Displaying Store items in flash
            ckpepper02 Level 1
            Thanks KGlad!! I plan on making the cold fusion file output an XML and pull the data in that way. The thing I am stuck on is how to make the images show up incrementally. What I mean is, when I load in the XML file with four instances, my code for attachmovie jumps to the last one. I need it to display all four.

Here is the code in the first frame of my movie. I have an movieClip on the stage called "imgload" that I want duplicated and loaded with each product image. Am i going in the right direction?

• 3. Re: Displaying Store items in flash
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              you have a movieclip in your library with a linkage id = imgload, correct?

if so, you need to use a different name for each movieclip you instantiate with your attachMovie() statement. and you can stagger your getXML.load() statements however you wish to have your images appear incrementally.
              • 4. Re: Displaying Store items in flash
                ckpepper02 Level 1
                Thanks for your response. I actually am now using the duplicateMovieClip command. Now my problem is the loadMovie is not working now that I embeded the duplicate mcs into a "container" mc. I've changed my code to point to the new location, and I can see the movies are duplicating, but the images that are loading won't show up.

any ideas?

• 5. Re: Displaying Store items in flash
                  ckpepper02 Level 1
                  quote:

Originally posted by: kglad
                  you have a movieclip in your library with a linkage id = imgload, correct?

if so, you need to use a different name for each movieclip you instantiate with your attachMovie() statement. and you can stagger your getXML.load() statements however you wish to have your images appear incrementally.

Yes, I am exporting all into acctionscript and I've named them appropriately.