• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change default behavior for opening external links

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a Robohelp setting I can change so that, by default, external links in WebHelp open in a new tab or browser?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Unfortunately there never has been to my knowledge.

You may wish to make the suggestion so a future version can have it. (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick is of course correct that you cannot change the default behaviour of how RoboHelp creates an external link but I am wondering if that is what you meant. Were you simply asking not so much how the link is created when the URL is added but can you do anything so that when the user clicks the link, it defaults to opening in a new page?

If so, yes you can. Set the dropdown shown to New Window when you create the link.

NewWindow.png

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick was correct. I'm single-sourcing documents from FrameMaker that contain dozens of external links, and I don't want to have to change each one individually.

Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see anything in the FM help that allows you to control this from the FM end of things, but what about editing the html code in RH? I think using the target="_blank" command will force it to behave differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp