7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 6:50 AM by Eiba Haddad

Peak file problem: Not resolved!

rpestes Level 1

When I import files, some of them crash the system when creating peak files. They are the same codec, size etc. Any ideas how to fix this? This did not happen with CS5.5. Same computer, i7, 16 gig RAM cuda card using external Caldigit and G-Tech drives via esata.

• 1. Re: Peak file problem: Not resolved!
          Jim_Simon Level 8

They crash Premiere Pro or the entire computer?

• 2. Re: Peak file problem: Not resolved!
            rpestes Level 1

It crashes Premiere but then seems to cascade through the whole computer. I always have to push the power button to turn it off as normal shutdown does nothing. Task manager is unable to shut down Premiere when this happens as well.

• 3. Re: Peak file problem: Not resolved!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Hm-m, that does not sound good, and is certainly not normal.

First thing that I would check would be your RAM, to make sure that you do not have a bad stick.

Next, I'd monitor my I/O, as the HDD's come into play heavily with the generation of the CFA (Conformed Audio), and PEK (Waveform Display) files.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Peak file problem: Not resolved!
                Jim_Simon Level 8

Go into the Windows Event Viewer.  Check the Hardware Events under the Application and Service Logs.

• 5. Re: Peak file problem: Not resolved!
                  rpestes Level 1

I found this:

The program Adobe Premiere Pro.exe version 6.0.1.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: a08

Start Time: 01cd5baa39894e2b

Termination Time: 60000

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Report Id: 53797845-c7a3-11e1-ab39-00265ee70768

And this:

The description for Event ID 0 from source AdobeARMservice cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started

Any ideas?

• 6. Re: Peak file problem: Not resolved!
                    jhex66 Level 1

I have exactly the same problem.

I am using Premiere CS6

Windows 7, 64-bit

Intel i7 3610QM

8GB RAM

When I try to open my project it freezes/crashes when generating a different peak file. It is not always the same one, and I've tried clearing the Media Cache Files folder before opening.

All my project video files are ProRes (Version 0)

My project files are on an external HD, formated to HFSJ (I use MacDrive to access it on Windows).

My Media Cache Files are on my internal Windows drive.

It's a big project (30 mins, 8 video tracks, 8 audio tracks)

After it freezes I am not able to terminate the process. Premiere dissapears as a program but remains, and then when I try to terminate it with Task Manager it says "access denied". The weird thing is from that point on Task Manager calls it "system 32" when I try to terminate it or see it's properties.

No Hardware Events are registered by Event Viewer.

I have to switch off the computer manually (hold down power button).

So far I've only been able to open the project fully once. I thought that would mean no more problems bu when I loaded it up another time it inexplicably had more peak files to make.

If anyone had any advise or ideas I would be really grateful, it's driving me crazy!

• 7. Re: Peak file problem: Not resolved!
                      Eiba Haddad

The program Adobe Premiere Pro.exe version 6.0.3.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: e04

Start Time: 01cdb03911dcc558

Termination Time: 43

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Report Id: 5964773b-1c44-11e2-aabf-2c41384fa4ae

Is there anywhere I can look for more logs ?