4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2012 11:37 PM by Jim_Simon

import settings

video4640

My footage is PAL 16 X 9. When i try to import it into cs6 it wants to preview it in 4 x 3 in the source monitor even when i set my settings to PAL 16 x 9 widescreen. When i place it on the time line it turns to 16 x 9 .      How can i preview it in 16 x 9 ????

• 1. Re: import settings
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Sounds like the PAR flag in the files' headers are not being read correctly.

The Source Monitor and the little preview monitor read the files from the HDD. If they are missing that flag, it is very likely an issue with the header info. How do other players, such as VLC, GOM or MediaPlayer Classic HC interpret the files?

At least when dragged to the Timeline, the Program Monitor, that plays from the Timeline, and not from the original files, IS seeing the flag, or interpreting it. I believe that Interpret Footage will ONLY affect the Timeline playback of the Clips, and do not think that it will affect playback in the Source Monitor.

Where did the files come from?

What are their specs.?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: import settings
            Jim_Simon Level 8

I believe that Interpret Footage will ONLY affect the Timeline playback of the Clips, and do not think that it will affect playback in the Source Monitor.

No, it changes everything.

• 3. Re: import settings
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Jim,

Thank you for that. So, if one invokes Interpret Footage in the Project Panel, the that will carry over to the Source Monitor behavior too?

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 4. Re: import settings
                Jim_Simon Level 8

Yep.