1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2012 4:56 PM by Jim_Simon

Help understanding Sequences CS5

m0rr1s3 Level 1

Can footage be easily moved from one sequence size to another? Is there a time when this is not advised. I have two projects examples.

I have a project that is all still pictures on a 720x480 sequence where the pictures are scaled to frame size. Can I  copy all the footage from the timeline and move it to a 1280x720 sequence and export as .mp4 without and degradation? Are they scaled down to 720x480 in sequence one and then upscaled to fit the 1280x720 sequence or do they automatically rescale to the 1280x720 size?

I also have a second project that is AVCHD 1920x1080 video footage. I accidently selected the Canon XF MPEG2 1920x1080 sequence. It was a two camera shoot and all I did on the timeline is add clip markers and line up the footage for multicam editing. Can I create a new AVCHD 1920x1080 sequence and copy and paste all the clips directly from the Canon XF sequence without any issues?

This doesn't apply to either of my examples, but if I added black video or titles wouldn't they be the resolution of the original sequence and therefore need to be replaced?

thank you