• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index in linked Word documents 2007/2010

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using Robohelp version 8.0.2.208 and used to link Word 2003 documents, found an acceptable work process to include TOC and index in help output (WebHelp Pro -> htm format). But now I am forced to upgrade to higher MS Office/Word versions (either 2007 or 2010) and after a certain trial period I discovered that the index at the end of each Word document is displayed in the final help version including the page references (which are of NO use since there are no pages in the final help file). This is not the case in Word 2003 where the index was just more or less correctly displayed as a separate index file in the index tab, just as it should be!

Is this a bug?!

Of course, my approach of linking Word 2003 and Word 2007/2010 documents was completely identical, I created an index for each document in the document's properties and created an overall index by adding placeholders for each document index.

I am sure everyone agrees that a document index at the end of a help file topic looks highly unprofessional and leads to confusions. I don't understand why this used to work "perfectly" in Word 2003 but not in the newer Word versions. I hope someone can help me solve this problem, I would not like to do without the index!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import, there are options to add the index to an existing index, to create a new index or to include the index in a topic. Did you select the right option?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2012 Jul 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually in RoboHelp 8 it doesn't matter whether you select the new index option or not, importing a Word 2010 document fails as you describe.

I tested the same document in RoboHelp 9 and it created a new index with the expected entries.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp