• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to get area list, access projects

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running RoboHelp Server 9 and I have two issues that could be related.

First, when I attempt to publish WebHelp Pro from RoboHelp, I am unable to select a Help Area in the SSL dialog. I receive a message stating, "Unable to get area list from server." I opened the RoboHelp Server Web Administrator and verified that the areas are listed.

Second, when I go into the server and open the RoboHelp Server Web Administrator and select Projects, I receive a message stating, "Communication error. Server is refreshing project data. Try reloading projects pane in a little while."

I am at a complete loss. Here are things that I or my IT department have tried to do to fix this issue. None of these have worked:

• Change the "reindex" property in the robohelp_server.properties file
  • Increase the PermSpace available to Tomcat:
    • Run the tomcat-install-dir>/bin/tomcat6w.exe file to open the Apache Tomcat Properties dialog box.

• Verify that the Maximum Memory Pool setting is not blank. If it is blank, then specify a value, such as 512 MB. Make sure that the Maximum Memory Pool and XX:MaxPermSize values don't add up to more than the actual memory you can make available to Tomcat.

• Restart Tomcat.

• Wait 5 – 10 minutes after you publish your project to make sure that the data structure is loaded.

• Rebooted the server
  • Removed recent updates from Adobe and Windows.
  • Tried using Firefox browser

I appreciate any help that can be offered.

Also note that this was not a problem before. I was able to successfully publish to the server, then suddenly I could not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Shannon.

The step that puzzles me is "Removed recent updates from Adobe and Windows". Could you expan on what the Adobe updates were? The reason I ask is that in my experience the application set-up (e.g. Tomcat + RHS) does not react well to removing things. You may have been OK just removing updates but as you have to install the applications in a precise order, removing updates could have messed with the communication between them.

You certainly seem to have gone through the steps we normally advise in this situation. You could try connecting to the database you are using. If you respond it would be useful to have further information about the physical server and database configuration you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp