4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 9:03 AM by Noel Carboni

CS7 in Windows8 or Windows7

soundgrafik

I haven't upgraded to CS6 Production Premium yet which includes Photoshop CS6.

With the announcement today

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/bloggingwindows/archive/2012/07/09/upcoming-windows-m ilestones-shared-with-partners-at-wpc.aspx

from Microsoft of Windows 8 arriving in October 2012 will Adobe be putting out the next version of PS CS7 and Production Premium CS7 with the WIndows 8 OS or Windows 7 OS?

Next May is only 10 months away.

Will photoshop just update to 6.5 and wait until 2014 to update to CS 7?

• 1. Re: CS7 in Windows8 or Windows7
          Curt Y Level 7

Users are still using XP to run CS6 so don't see Win 8 as needing any special update to PS.

• 2. Re: CS7 in Windows8 or Windows7
            Noel Carboni Level 8

That's a question for which you will get no official answer.   Adobe just doesn't spill the beans about future plans.

And just what does "putting out the next version of Photoshop with the Windows 8 OS" mean, exactly? 

It's pretty clear they're going to see that whatever they release is compatible with Windows 8, since we can already run Windows 8 (Release Preview) today.  Photoshop CS6 works just fine with Windows 8 RP.  Windows 8 is almost no different than Windows 7 in the ways that matter to this conversation.

Common sense tells us that with 500 million users today on Windows 7, given their past policies of supporting older systems Adobe will clearly be interested in fully supporting Windows 7 with Photoshop CS7.  Whether they will choose to support XP is another question.

-Noel

• 3. Re: CS7 in Windows8 or Windows7
              soundgrafik Level 1

with 500 million users today on Windows 7, given their past policies of supporting older systems Adobe will clearly be interested in fully supporting Windows 7 with Photoshop CS7.

thank you. I think I can upgrade later this year to Windows 7 and be confident that the next few versions of Photoshop & Production Premium CS will run on it.

• 4. Re: CS7 in Windows8 or Windows7
                Noel Carboni Level 8

Absolutely!  Based on the cool reception Windows 8 seems to be getting by the marketplace, I think we can expect Windows 7 to be the most popular system for quite a few years yet, much like XP was when Vista was released.

-Noel