2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 1:54 PM by Jim_Simon

How to preserve multiple mono audio in Multicam sequence?

ZeroG-Robert

I'm a new FCP7 -> Premiere convert and seem to be unable to preserve true multiple mono audio in a multicam source sequence.

I have 3 video clips, each with 2 mono audio channels, interpreted correctly as multiple mono (showing as "2 Mon" in Project panel).

When I "create multi-camera source sequence" in project panel using the 3 clips, Premiere Pro Cs6 is creating a sequence with a Master audio track that is stereo.  I cannot find a way to converting the stereo Master audio track to multiple mono audio track after the sequence is automatically created.  When I look in "Sequence Settings" of the multi-cam sequence, there is no "Tracks" tab that is used to set this up in a new sequence.  I have also tried switching all the preferences/audio settings to Mono with no luck.

Note:  This problem is NOT related to enabling/disabling the additional audio tracks in the multicam sequence, I understand that only track 1 of a multi-cam sequence is enabled by default. 

Thanks,

Robert

• 1. Re: How to preserve multiple mono audio in Multicam sequence?
          ZeroG-Robert Level 1

One workaround I found was to pan full left/right channels 1 & 2 in the multi-cam sequence.  This will only work for sources with 2 mono audio tracks, more tracks would be combined and downmixed to Stereo.  My concern is when you use this pan workaround you lose ~3db of signal in the unwanted downmix, it does not appear to be transparent/lossless.

Thanks,

Robert

• 2. Re: How to preserve multiple mono audio in Multicam sequence?
            Jim_Simon Level 8
            When I "create multi-camera source sequence" in project panel using the 3 clips

Don't do that.  Do things "old school".  Meaning you manually create an "Original" sequence for the 3 clips, add them in and sync them up.  You then manually create a second "Multicam" sequence and nest the "Original" into that.  Right click and Enable Multicam.

Doing it that way, you'll have the option to specify what type of audio tracks you want for each sequence.