3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 6:09 PM by StrongBeaver

Ps CS5 - Began to Lock up

StrongBeaver Level 3

When I'm working in Ps CS5, it will locked up, I can load up the window but I can't do nothing in Ps.  I have Ps open on another computer as I write this, that I was working on and I didn't save the project, but there is a marquee selection etc. Is there any way to get Ps to respond so I can resume working and save ?

• 1. Re: Ps CS5 - Began to Lock up
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

s there any way to get Ps to respond so I can resume working and save ?

I would not be optimistic in that regard.

In any case you have omitted to give potentially relevant data like OS, hardware, …

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by keeping command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift pressed while starting Photoshop after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)?

• 2. Re: Ps CS5 - Began to Lock up
            Noel Carboni Level 8

It's no consolation to you now I'm sure, but Photoshop CS6 has the new Auto-Save feature, and it would likely have functioned in this case to recover a recent copy of your file after you killed the hung process and restarted Photoshop.

-Noel

• 3. Re: Ps CS5 - Began to Lock up
              StrongBeaver Level 3

I found an autosaver here, for CS5.  I have to test it out.