3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 5:28 AM by SuhasYogin

Applying transparency to a group of Flash assets

Bertus Bolknak

Flash CS6, Mac OS 10.6.

I imported an .ai logo onto the stage. The logo is a group. I want to make the logo transparent in a tween. Unfortunately each elements of the group gets its own transparency applied, instead of one total transparency of the group. How can I fix that?

See images.

Screen shot 2012-07-10 at 10.50.19.pngScreen shot 2012-07-10 at 10.58.41.png

• 1. Re: Make a group transparent
          SuhasYogin Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please try selecting individual layers and applying optimal transperencies on each one of them, and not on the entire group at once. Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Make a group transparent
            Bertus Bolknak Level 1

Thank you for your reply. Unortunately I don't understand what you mean. The grouped logo is on one Flash layer.

• 3. Re: Make a group transparent
              SuhasYogin Adobe Employee

Hi Bertus,

If the logo was composed of different layers in AI, maybe you flattened them (by choosing to remove layers) when importing the AI file in to Flash. However, you can retain these layers when importing and using the AI file in Flash. Do you remembering flattening your AI file when importing it in to Flash, i.e remove all AI layers and import the file? If so, try importing again without flattening the file. Then, the layers will be retained within Flash, and hopefully you can add transperency to individual layers.

Please let me know if that clarifies, else I am happy to give you more information and explanation.

Thanks,

Suhas Yogin