2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 1:50 AM by Jump_Over

Import styles question

Jump_Over Level 5

How to be more specific while import style from external file? I am talking about method:

Document.importStyles (ImportFormat.PARAGRAPH_STYLES_FORMAT,

myFile[, GlobalClashResolutionStrategy=GlobalClashResolutionStrategy.LOAD_ALL_WITH_OVERWRITE])

The goal is to import chosen styles only (one, few of them) nor all of them.

• 1. Re: Import styles question
          Dirk Becker Level 4

As you found out, the method is called "importStyles" not "importStyle".

One approach is to use the "properties" property to transfer the essentials of any native object.

Sub-objects such as the various settings and and options of object styles require extra steps, though.

myStyle.properties = otherStyle.properties;

You can also create a blank document, import the styles there and remove the non desired ones.

• 2. Re: Import styles question
            Jump_Over Level 5

To keep connection with "Styles" I was looking for StylesRange option. InDesign UI is able to do it, since there are checkboxes in import window, thats why. If there is no script method way - thats OK. I just asked more experienced people before I step into monk room.