• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How paragraphSpaceBefore and paragraphSpaceAfter works?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set paragraphSpaceBefore and paragraphSpaceAfter property for paragraphElement but it showing which property value is grater in both.

please guide me.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Text layout framework

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

7.4.6. paragraphSpaceBefore attribute Specifies the space before a paragraph. Adjacent vertical space collapses. For two adjoining paragraphs (A and B), where A has paragraphSpaceAfter 12 and B has paragraphSpaceBefore 24, the total space between the paragraphs will be 24, the maximum of the two, and not 36, the sum. If the paragraph comes at the top of the column, no extra space is left before it. Valid values range from 0 to 8000.

7.4.7. paragraphSpaceAfter attribute Specifies the space after a paragraph. Adjacent vertical space collapses. For example, for two adjacent paragraphs one having a space after and the other having a space before, the space will be the maximum of the two spaces, not the sum. No “space after” is necessary if the paragraph falls at the bottom of the  element. Valid values range from 0 to 8000.

If you think it does not act the same way as the description above, please show me your sample code. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines