Using FlashBuilder4.6 I have built an app that consumes a webservice and I have used the dataservices function to locate the webservice and create the appropriate classes.
(The webservice is an ASMX file being served from IIS)
If the url for the webservice points to localhost, the application will work as desired.
However if I change the url to use the IP address of the localhost, the webservice call eventually times out with an error #2032.
When accessing both URLs through IE the webservice responds as expected.
Using various network monitors (incl. FlashBuilder) I can see that the application sends out the following requests for the wdsl.
Again (with the app running) I have entered these URLs into IE. The first responds correctly the 2nd just hangs.
I have created the following crossdomain.xml file:
<!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
<allow-access-from domain="*" secure="false"/>
<allow-http-request-headers-from domain="*" headers="*" secure="false"/>
And in a moment of madness put a copy of it in each of the sub directories starting from the root directory: C:\inetpub.
I am relatively new to Flex and applogoise for my ignorance in this area.