2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 11:04 AM by Niki French

PSE 8 Camera Raw issues

Niki French

I have Photoshop Elements 8 and I just recently started shooting in RAW, but when I try to download the files in Bridge (I have a Mac), the thumbnails don't show up.  I went ahead and tried to download the files, even though I couldn't see what they were, but they just showed up as blank white files and Camera Raw won't open.  I just did the update for Camera Raw 6.2 and restarted Bridge and PSE.  Is there another update I am unaware of, or is there another suggestion I should try?  I also read online to clear the cache, which I did, but nothing happened.

• 1. Re: PSE 8 Camera Raw issues
          JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

According to the Readme files for Camera Raw, ACR 6.6 is the last version that is compatible with Photoshop Elements 8.  What camera are you using?  You should check the compatibility list for ACR 6.6 to ensure that your camera is supported in that version.  If it isn't then you can download the latest DNG converter, 7.1, and convert your files to DNG.  Then you should be able to open those with your version of Photoshop Elements.

• 2. Re: PSE 8 Camera Raw issues
            Niki French Level 1

Thank you for your help!  I ended up looking up the 6.6 update, but it said it was not compatible with my version of PSE, but the pop up box suggested I go to the help menu on bridge to get any required updates.  I did this and it installed 3 updates...and now I can view my files!  Thanks again!!!!