3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 10:38 AM by Fuzzy Barsik

Help w Help

richardrock Level 1

Where do I install the after_effects_cs5_help.pdf so it will function in help within the program?

CS5 Master Collection on a Mac with OS X 10.6.4 (Offline Only! The registration was done by our IT Dept. while breifly online for that purpose).

Thanks

• 1. Re: Help w Help
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

The PDF is what it says - an offline help. It doesn't integrate with the program's normal HTML-based help and needs to be opened manually every time. If you have a computer that is onluine somewhere, you can download the HTML help with the help client and then simply copy over the stuff onto your machine, though.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Help w Help
            richardrock Level 1

I don't know what the "Help Client" is. I have PCs online with Production Premium installed. Can I download the file(s) I need With a PC and transfer them to Macs? Is there something that details exactly which files to download and exactly where to install them?

Of corse all of this is preceded by the question, “Why wasn’t I given the whole program (including, obviously, the help files) when I bought Adobe”?

• 3. Re: Help w Help
              Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

You may download Adobe After Effects CS5 User Guide in PDF format from After Effects Help/Archive.