25 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 11:44 PM by Arokki_

Playback stutter & Yellow render bars in with XDCAM EX

Arokki_ Level 1

Hi all!

I've been working with Adobe Premiere CS 5 (current version 5.0.3, so everything updated) a few years now and used also the XDCAM EX material in my work.

My problem is that no matter what kind of XDCAM EX material (720p, 1080p..) I'm using in my sequence, I get yellow render bars and playback is not smooth. In my workflow I copy the whole BPAV-folder from SxS-card to my harddrive (traditional RAID 0 or SSD) and import the folder to Premiere and work with MP4-flies. I'm not able to import files via XDCAM EX Clip browser as I'm getting "The importer reported a generic error" when trying to use the XML-files. So that's another problem for me.

I also strongly feel, that this playback-issue has not been a problem for long. Early this year I was able to succesfully edit XDCAM EX material with Premiere with no playback issues. So can this be something connected with Windows update? Unfortunately I have not been able to test this as I did not create a system restore point when everything was working but I have reinstalled both Windows ann Adobe Production Premium with no luck.

PC-configuration:

Premiere CS 5.0.3

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (not directly supported by Premiere, but hacked to support Mercury playback engine)

By Googling I found a lot of issues with XDCAM EX and the yellow render bars & playback stutter but nothing quite solved my problem. I would really appreciate If anyone could help me out!

Esa