3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 11:42 PM by Mylenium

AE Error Msg: Plug-in or AE out of memory?

Navarro Parker Level 3

Using Trapcode Form 2.0.2 and CS6, I'm trying to import a 1GB OBJ and I'm getting this message.

Is it the plug-in or AE running out of memory? And at 64-bits, why is either running out of memory? (I have 24GB of RAM on this workstation)

File-too-Big1.png

• 1. Re: AE Error Msg: Plug-in or AE out of memory?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Even in 64bit you're stuck with limits for integer math and string processing and you also have to define your own memory metrics. It's not that you could blindfire data into a black hole and hope that you can find it again if you don't know it's memory address... The warning itself comes from the plug-in, so it stands to reason this is a design feature, rather than a bug. Anyway, parsing a 1GB ASCII/ text file is probably a bit insane in the first place. Even if it would work, the project would be unwieldy to work with and the inital opening would take forever...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: AE Error Msg: Plug-in or AE out of memory?
            Navarro Parker Level 3

Know of any way to tessilate low poly objects inside of Form?  I need a denser mesh!  (v3 wish list!)

• 3. Re: AE Error Msg: Plug-in or AE out of memory?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

And what if you create a custom particle with a dot line/ dot cluster? Also you could try to reduce the mesh to a vertex-only file. This would probably cut its size by 2/3. Try opening it in blender/ Cinema 4D/ Atangeo Balncer and play with the reduction tools. The way I see it, you probably need to streamline your topology a bit ratehr than brute-forcing a huge number of points. Also consider the Pixel Cloud plug-in on AEScripts or Plexus to make your stuff appear more dense...

Mylenium