2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 6:25 PM by Frustrated in AZ

Digital Editions

Eagle6824

I'm trying to download the Adobe Digital Editon on my Mac, but come up with the following error:

BEGINNING ALGEBRA-813602:

IO Error on Network Request.

Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:

http://acs.contentreserve.com/ACSStore1/1054/{BA406110-DB1A-49C6-9545-C7E83DEFC713}.pdf

Event Detail:

Error #2038

--- end ---

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Digital Editions
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Moved to Adobe Digital Editions.

Sounds like either: your network connection is down (unlikely since you are posting here), their network is down (unlikely again), your behind a firewall and you need to have the proxy settings changed (a distinct possibility).

• 2. Re: Digital Editions
            Frustrated in AZ Level 4

The error message you're getting comes from a source for ebooks, and is not

related to downloading and installing ADE.  It's telling you that there's

something wrong with the ebook you're trying to download or the website

itself.

The error means that your computer can't transfer the information.  If it's

the ebook, then it's most likely that the Digital Rights for the ebook are

set so that you can't complete the download.  Check with the technical

support function at the website and discuss the issue.  I'll bet they have

the answer - but don't settle for 'it's an Adobe problem' - because it's

not.

Good luck!

=============