4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2012 12:05 AM by chicoguy2012

Load videos (flv) before play

ErikaDparit Level 1

I am working on an application in Flash Catalyst where I also have to use some videos.

Is there a way I can "preload" all my videos while the preloader is loading my application instead of loading each video the moment that I hit the "Play" button? This causes a little delay on how the video appears and this is a minor problem because there is an interaction between the videos and this delay (which occurs only the first time the video plays) is not good. How can I do this (I guess this should be done in Flash Builder but I don't even have a clue of where should I search for)

Thank you,

Erika

• 1. Re: Load videos (flv) before play
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

You are correct. This level of functionality will have to be added via Flash Builder and ActionScript.

This should be very straightforward.Look at either VideoPlayer class or FLVPlayback class, then create multiple players, one per video, calling load() on each with the url to your source video. Then listen for VideoProgressEvent.PROGRESS events to find out when the video is loaded.

Maybe that will get you pointed in the right direction.

Chris

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Load videos (flv) before play
            ErikaDparit Level 1

Hello Chris, thank you very much for your answer, I was wondering, is there any chance that you can provide more help about this? I hope this is not too much to ask, but I would really appreciate it if you could give me your email address and also the cost for this work.  This would be really great! 

Thank you in advance,

Erika

• 3. Re: Load videos (flv) before play
              chicoguy2012

Chris could you also please help me with some more details on how to do this. I've never used flash before, first time with flash catalyst. I have a large amount of .flv audio files playing without a wireframe player and controlled with pause/play buttons. 4 albums. Usually only half the songs play, the longer I wait the more that have buffered, but the user doens't know this. Could I somehow benefit from preloading all of these .flv songs so that they play seamlessly?

Thank you in advance,

Taylor

• 4. Re: Load videos (flv) before play
                chicoguy2012 Level 1

btw, its www.daxjohnson.com

music page